Thursday, December 31, 2015

three hundred sixty five!

It snowed last night so Pace and Grandpa shoveled the walks.

My dad has a very clear and precise system of how this is to be done!

Guess what my dad is doing? Oh he's just making us some Christmas breakfast. My mom and dad have a tradition that every year everyone (except us of course) go over on Christmas morning for breakfast. I literally cried the first 3 Christmas mornings I spent here in Vegas. I have since started my own breakfast tradition, however, it was SO awesome to have my mom and dad make us a special Christmas breakfast when we came to their house this weekend! Score!

No need to put snow clothes on! Pajamas, snow boots and a hat will suffice to play outside!

Of course we have to play with the cousins!

I had to take a picture of my dad's Jotul. This wood burning stove heats up the entire house. When it gets cold out my dad gets up every morning and makes a fire in this stove. I spent many a day and many an hour standing around this stove or laying on the floor with my feet under it. I have more memories of this stove than any other object in my mom and dad's house. I didn't realize that people had central heating until I moved to Las Vegas. I just thought everyone had a stove in their kitchen! 

Angie (Beula) and Jill came over to visit. I rodeoed with Angie in college. Many a story from those days... I'll spare you the details.

All the "Bigs" got ready in their finest duds and hair and proceeded to the New Year's Eve church dance. I have no clue what they are doing in this picture. Actually I never have any idea what they are doing in pictures.

Finally a normal picture where they are smiling and acting like normal people!

Beula was headed up town so the store so I loaded up all my people into her truck and she took them to the dance. Heaven forbid anyone put a coat on!
When we picked them up it was -6 degrees and still no coats to be found! I guess fashion comes with  price. The kids had so much fun at the dance, Taylor and Jack are having cousin sleepovers, Jade and I are partying like rockstars (picking up kids and drinking hot coco) and everyone is happy. Anyways, the year is over now (big sigh) I can't believe how quickly it flew by. I am, however, pretty proud of myself that I completed an entire year of picture-a-day journaling. I loved it! I'm totally going to do it again. See you tomorrow! Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment