Sunday dinner with all the cousins and family. This will be the last time we all meet together for the next 18 months. Even as I type this I am hyperventilating! Jade, Pace and Bailey had to stay in Vegas on account of stupid school. Being the only part of the Pace family who lives outside of Cedar is a drag.
Uncle Buck and Sahara
Dad cutting up the mutton. My dad can cook mutton like no other. It's depressing when I make it and my kids inform me that "it doesn't taste like Grandpas". It's kind of true though... it doesn't.
Laurie has been over all week helping Mom pack. They have lists upon lists upon lists. I cannot even imagine packing for a year and a half. I would have a melt down.
They packed an entire carry-on with meds and supplements. It weighed in at 26 lbs!!! I died laughing when I saw this. The DEA at the airport is going to have a field day with this! Hopefully they don't have drug sniffing dogs at customs in Africa.
No words can describe the cuteness of this picture of Grandma and Max.
Ole Pete stirring up the macaroni and tomatoes
And now for the icing on the cake of a perfect day... the setting apart of Elder and Sister Pace. President Rollins set them apart. In the circle were the rest of my family. To see my dad get set apart by my brothers and then my mom get set apart by both my brothers and my dad was pretty unreal. The spirit was so strong in that room, I felt so blessed to even be a part of it. I don't know of a time when I have been more proud to be their daughter than tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment